On September 27, 1931, 14 people of the Convention Baptist and Landmark Baptist met and organized the present church. R.B. Short was called as pastor, and in June 1932 a modest building was completed.
After Rev. Short’s resignation in 1943, the church called Clyde Beck as pastor, who served until 1949. The church applied for and was accepted into the Grayson Baptist Association in 1949. Pastors serving during the early 1950’s were: Barnard Franklin, Everett Springfield, Milton Kreese, and Preston Bryan.
In 1953, under Preston Bryan’s leadership, the 1931 building was demolished and a new building was begun. Many thought that a church of this size for Pottsboro was unthinkable and would never be accomplished, but in 1954 the current building was dedicated. The building was valued by the contractor as a $50,000 structure yet cost less than $20,000. Bryan served as pastor until 1957.
Rev. Carroll Shaw was called as pastor in 1957 and a new educational wing was added in 1959. Shaw served until 1960 when he and his wife Jackie sailed for Central Africa to serve as Southern Baptist missionaries. Charles Darland served from 1960 to 1963; Chester Moss from 1963 to 1971; C.P. Floyd from 1971 to 1973; Roger Aker from 1973 to 1974; and L.A. Sublett served as pastor from August 1974 until April 1992, making him the longest serving pastor at the church.
The church was completely renovated in 1993 thanks to a gift from the Mae Guilloud Trust Fund with a dedication service held in November 1993. Roy Duff served as pastor during the renovation, from January 1993 to February 1994 and Bob Northcutt pastored from 1994 to 1995.
Eddie Vessels became pastor in 1995 and served until 1997; Phil Barton from 1997 to 2005; Carl Bilderback from 2006 to 2008; Roddy Arnold from 2007 to 2010; Josh Burton from 2010 to 2018. In November 2019, Eric Wyatt was called to be our new pastor. On January 5, 2020, Eric preached his first Sunday as pastor and is leading the church to a continued expectation of God to do great things through His church in Pottsboro.